Silverbirch Hotel, is quality Family owned 3 star Hotel located in the heart of Co. Tyrone minutes from the bustling town of Omagh. The Hotel's facilities include a collection of 64 bedrooms, Barreta Bar & Grill, dedicated Business Centre as well two Wedding / Function Rooms.
We are currently recruiting for:
Food & Beverage Manager
Located in the heart of Omagh we are looking for an experienced manager to manage our extensive food and beverage offer
Position responsible for all the food and beverage operations, which includes Functions, restaurant, beverage and room service operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations. Develops and implements business plan for food and beverage.
Education and Experience
• min 2 years’ experience management experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage departments.
• Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
• Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
• Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
• Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Provides proactive coaching and counselling to team members.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
• Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and ensures that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
• Understands the brand's service culture.
• Ensures that all employees, team leaders and managers understand the brand's service culture.
• Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
• Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
• Ensures all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest's expectations.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyses information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
Silverbirch Hotel is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
We are looking for an experienced Breakfast Chef to join the team here at the Silverbirch Hotel
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard working Breakfast Chef to work here at the Silverbirch Hotel. Hours are between 7am to around 3pm
You will be expected to run breakfast service and do all the Mis en Place for a busy lunch service, this will mean you need to be well organised and you will be able to work to strict deadlines.
You will be used to cooking for large numbers and previous breakfast section experience would be advantageous for this busy operation. You will ideally have completed NVQ 1 and NVQ 2 and have a good track record of work history.
If you are looking for a new challenge or for an opportunity to join a great team please send your Cv and a covering letter.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, if you don’t hear back within 7 days your application will have been unsuccessful.
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Chef de Partie
Experienced chef required to work in busy food and beverage operation
Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
We are an equal opportunities employer